1. Your privacy
Matin Studio (L.PERRETT & M.E PERRETT ABN 95379472972 ) (we, us or our) are committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act as well as other applicable legislation, such as the Spam Act, and the Do Not Call Register Act.
2. What we collect and how we collect it
The personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us. Personal Information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable. For example, if you:
- pre-order goods or services, put goods on hold or leave goods for repair, we may collect your name and contact details
- provide details to join special mailing lists or databases if you’d like to receive information about, for example, certain products or ranges, we may collect your name, contact details, date of birth and information about your preferences
- make a purchase online or when you otherwise set up an online account, we will collect your name, contact details, order details, credit card details, delivery address and we may also ask you to provide your date of birth and gender
- provide information via social media pages or download any apps which we may develop or post to, such as providing your name or contact details via our Facebook pages, or our Twitter or Instagram accounts or other social media sites or apps
- send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback, we will collect your name, contact details, details of your enquiry or feedback and information about our response
We only collect sensitive information where it is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities and either you have consented, or we are required or authorised by law to do so.
2.1 Collection of personal information through websites and apps
3. Why we collect personal information?
3.1 Main purposes
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
- processing transactions online, and delivering products and services
- to provide any associated loyalty program
- promoting us and our products and services, including through direct marketing, events and competitions, public relations and social media
- performing research and statistical analysis, including for customer satisfaction and product and service improvement purposes.
- helping us tailor existing or develop new products, services or offers, and to help us selectively target promotional offers and opportunities
- developing or seeking to deliver new ranges of products or service
- protecting the security of our customers, staff, suppliers and merchandise (including theft and fraud prevention)
- answering queries, resolving complaints and responding to social media
- general planning and administration
We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.
3.2 Direct marketing and opting out
By providing your address, email address and telephone numbers to us, you consent to us contacting you for the purposes set out above. We may send this information in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, social media, SMS, MMS, telephone and if you download them any apps. You can opt out of being contacted by:
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages (eg email, SMS or MMS) to opt out of receiving those messages.
You can opt out of receiving notifications via any apps if you turn off Push Notifications in the settings.
3.3 Email and mobile communication
If you provide us with an email address or phone number, you consent to electronic communication such as notices or reminders being sent to you via that address or number. You may prefer to provide to us with your personal email address or phone number rather than, for example, an email address accessible by your work colleagues.
4. Who we may share your personal information with
We may share your personal information with third parties where appropriate for the purposes set out above, including:
- financial institutions for payment processing
- our contracted service providers or partners, including: overseas and local agents, delivery and shipping providers, information technology service providers, venues and event organisers, marketing and communications agencies, research and statistical analysis providers, call centres, hard copy and electronic mail houses, manufacturers and suppliers, external business advisers.
- regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with laws
We may ask one of these third parties to contact you directly for a specific purpose, and provide us with information collected from you in the course of providing the relevant products or services.
5. Cross border disclosure
We may disclose personal information to overseas recipients, who are located in places such as Japan, Singapore, India, Hong Kong, the Philippines, the United States of America and other countries or jurisdictions depending on the nature of the services those recipients provide to us (for example storing data via a cloud service, or where our customer relationship management system is hosted on servers located overseas, or where delivery address information for online orders is managed via a third party located overseas).
6. Data quality and security
We hold personal information in a number of ways, including in printed documents, electronic databases and email contact lists. Printed documents may be held at our offices, or archived in boxes and stored in secure offsite facilities. We take reasonable steps to:
- ensure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete and (in the case of use and disclosure) relevant;
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for purposes permitted by the APPs.
You can help us keep your information up to date, by letting us know about changes to your details.
The steps we take to secure personal information include website protection measures, security restrictions on access to our computer systems. While we endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online: you disclose that information at your own risk. If you are concerned about sending your information over the internet, you can contact us as set out in section 8. You can also help protect your personal information by keeping your account details confidential. If you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.
6.3 Third party sites
7. Access and correction
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you. We may ask you to verify your identity before processing any access or correction requests, to make sure that the personal information we hold is properly protected.
We will generally provide you with access to your personal information within 30 days, subject to some exceptions permitted by law. We will also generally provide access in the manner that you have requested (eg by providing photocopies or allowing a file to be viewed), provided it is reasonable and practicable for us to do so. We may however charge a fee to cover our reasonable costs of locating the information and providing it to you.
If you ask us to correct personal information that we hold about you, or if we are satisfied that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If we correct personal information about you, and we have previously disclosed that information to another agency or organisation that is subject to the Privacy Act, you may ask us to notify that other entity. If so, we will take reasonable steps to do so, unless this would be impracticable or unlawful.
8. Complaints or Questions
All complaints received by us will be dealt with fairly and in a timely manner considering all the circumstances of the complaint. In most cases, we expect that complaints will be investigated and a response provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex and our investigation may take longer, we will contact you and tell you when we expect to provide our response.
9. Changes to this Policy
10. Eboutique Terms & Conditions
By placing an order with MATIN or using our website, you are agreeing to accept the terms & conditions set out on the website. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that state.
The MATIN STUDIO website & all of its materials including, but not limited to its software or HTML code, scripts, text, artwork, photographs, images, video & audio will collectively be known at ‘materials’. All ‘materials’ are protected by copyright laws & other international laws & treaties. You must comply with all proprietary and copyright notices on this web site. This web site is owned by MATIN STUDIO and subject to copyright. The information on this Site is protected under Australian copyright laws. Subject to provisions of the Copyright Act 1968 (Australia), you must not in any form or by any means:
- (i) reproduce, copy, adapt, broadcast, store, transmit, distribute, print, publish or create derivative works from any information or ‘materials’ on the site or otherwise exploit any of its ‘materials’ without our express prior written permission.
- (ii) alter, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or modify any material or information that you receive from this Site which can be accessed through this Site; or
- (iii) use or apply, for commercial purposes any material or information on this Site, without the prior written consent of MATIN STUDIO, Nothing contained on this Site should be construed as granting any licence or right of use of any MATINSTUDIO.COM trade mark or part of any trade markdisplayed on the web site without the express written permission of MATIN STUDIO and it’s owners. SITE UPDATES AND REVISIONS Matin Studio may change, terminate, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this web site including its terms & conditions at any chosen time, without notice. Your continued use of this web site after any changes will be construed as acceptance of any changes to any of the terms & conditions.